The Burn-in/Reliability Engineer will provide technical support to our organization by their technical knowledge in the areas of electronic components static and dynamic burn-in for a broad range of devices ranging from diodes, inductors, capacitors, transistors, ASIC to microprocessors. Will need to work closely with Sales & Marketing, Program Managers, Engineering, External Customers and Suppliers to ensure compliance of customer’s requirement or Mil-standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform vector conversion, burn-in test program development, device hardware set-up and thermal analysis
- Support Burn-in board development and validation
- Troubleshoot, debug, and solve software and hardware for Burn-in test related problems
- Generate test setup sheet, test reports and data required by customers
- Work with Engineering and Program Managers to determine the technical requirements necessary to support a customer bench test automation project.
- Electro mechanical understanding of components and thermal management techniques.
- Vector conversion / Vector Translation and driver set-up
- Monitor jobs during stress cycles using data logging routines
- Hardware and oven repairs, maintenance and calibration
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Burn-in/Reliability Engineering.
- Bench test and instrumentation testing knowledge and experience a must.
- Hands-on technical experience in the Military and Aerospace industry is preferred.
- Ability to write Lab view code using NI equipment and drivers is a plus
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in a test lab environment
- Knowledgeable of electrical test programs for components.
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision and high capacity to support multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity;
- High level of personal drive and responsiveness with attention to detail;
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills are required
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Micross is an ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) facility. All candidates must be a US Person defined as a US citizen or permanent resident.