3D Heterogeneous Integration Principal Investigator (Semiconductors)
This position will support the Micross 3D Heterogeneous Integration program areas, including:
- Development of semiconductor advanced packaging processes and technologies
- 2.5/3D integration: TSV processing, wafer thinning & handle wafer processes, thermal compression bonding, etc.
- Wafer-level packaging & interconnects: bumps, Cu pillars, & redistribution
Primary responsibilities of this member of the engineering staff are to lead and support technology development projects in the form of customer interaction and day-to-day project management to ensure customer deliverables and internal development project deliverables are successful and remain on schedule. The position responsibilities include program and process development, building process flows & lot travelers, lot management & engineering support, as well as leading proposals or providing budgetary input on bids/proposals, and technical support to Program Managers on large proposals. Duties may include overseeing development of photolithographic processing, wet processing, dry etching, thin film deposition, electroplating, and die assembly processes. The successful candidate will have a strong background in back-end-of-the-line (BEOL) semiconductor processing (e.g. MEMS or other post-CMOS processing). Experience in advanced packaging and/or 3D integration processes is desired.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Principal investigators have project leadership and program development responsibility.
- May include solving high level engineering problems independently or with help from other Program Managers and/or other Development Engineers
- Will be asked to write papers, give presentations, support or prepare proposals, or contribute to/generate quotes
- Participate in or lead customer meetings as the primary point of contact for customers
- Communicate daily processing needs or deliverable schedules to the Director of Operations
- Ensures adherence to their specific customer schedules and quality standards
- Manages projects/programs within budget and on schedule
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to export control rules, must be a US person.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in a physical science or engineering (PhD preferred) with minimum of 5 years’ experience in R&D, including Semiconductor Processing and/or Advanced Packaging
- Prior experience in project management and client interactions a must
- Experience with integrated wafer fabrication process flows required
- Experience in 3D integration or Advanced Packaging technologies a plus
- The successful candidate will have good hands-on laboratory skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as well as within a group/team setting.
- This position is in an ITAR-registered facility, US person (US citizen or US permanent resident) status is a must
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Must have wafer processing experience (e.g. photolithography, thin film deposition, etch, wet processing)