3D Heterogeneous Integration Process Engineer (Semiconductor Processing)
We are seeking a knowledgeable, self-motivated engineer for our growing 3D Heterogeneous Integration (3DHI) program needs. This position will focus on supporting 3DHI processing and process development, for, but not limited to, silicon interposer fabrication, through silicon via (TSV) fabrication, wafer bumping and micro-bumping, package assembly, and integrating a combination of interconnect technologies together. The successful candidate will have a wide knowledge of wafer processing technologies, including thin film material deposition of metals, spin-on resists and polymers, photolithography, and wet chemical processes. This position will support both technical and scheduling management tasks for new and existing customer needs including hands-on processing, task management, and lot management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process flow layout and process traveler creation for various 3DHI technologies
- Operation of semiconductor processing equipment
- Hands-on processing related to dry and wet etching, photolithography, electroplating, spin-on polymers, and thin film deposition.
- Project management for small and large customer focused projects
- Generate reports to support customer and upper management meetings
- Support and write segments, as needed, for federally funded program proposals
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve program and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Semiconductor wafer processing experience in a cleanroom environment is a must
- Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- B.S or M.S. in physical science or engineering
- 3+ years of job experience
- Excellent hands-on laboratory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency is a must
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint is a must
- Experience working with engineers and management at multiple levels in a dynamic work environment is desired.
- Proficient technical writing is a must
- Experience with wafer-level packaging or 3DHI technologies is a plus.
- Overall experience with metrology measurements, data recording, and generation of control charts and statistical process control is also a plus.
- wafer processing experience (e.g. photolithography, thin film deposition, etch, wet processing required