RF Component Test Engineer
Job Description: RF Component Test Engineer
The RF Component Test Engineer will participate as a valuable member of the engineering team by working directly with the engineering staff to design, develop and implement test methodology in the areas of electrical component testing for a broad range of devices ranging from diodes, inductors, capacitors, transistors, to microprocessors.
The RF Component Test Engineer will actively interact with Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Quality, External Customers and Suppliers to provide outstanding components characterization, test, and product support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Characterize/test RF components per customers or suppliers’ specification to military or space level standards.
- Responsible for testing semiconductor RF products using instruments such as Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meter, Oscilloscope etc.
- Ability in developing test programs on ATE with multi-site for silicon verification and characterization is preferred.
- Design and review test board schematic and PCB.
- Work with Engineering and B.D. to determine the technical requirements necessary to support a customer bench test automation project.
- Electro mechanical understanding of components and thermal management techniques.
- Hands-on RF bench test equipment setup, instrumentation testing knowledge and experience a must.
- BS in Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a RF Test/Product/Reliability Engineering.
- Semiconductor or technical experience in the Military and Aerospace industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in a test lab environment
- Knowledgeable ATE test software such as Lab view, Python, and NI hardware.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be well versed with bench test equipment, i.e. oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, power meter, VNA’s, etc.
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision and high capacity to support multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity;
- High level of personal drive and responsiveness with attention to detail;
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About Silicon Turnkey Solutions:
Silicon Turnkey Solutions, Inc. (STS) (www.sts-usa.com) was recently acquired by Micross Components and is seeking to further strengthen its management team. STS is a recognized development partner in the hi-rel semiconductor market, primarily to fabricators, program contractors and product developers servicing the aerospace, military and ultra-performance commercial markets. The company integrates electrical test, environmental test, mechanical engineering, package design and assembly expertise to develop and deliver leading edge semiconductor components (FPGA’s, ASICS, RF….) and associated modules that are capable of operating in extreme environments at the highest levels of reliability and performance.
Micross Components (www.micross.com) is a leading global provider of distributed and specialty electronic components for military, space, medical, and demanding industrial applications. Operating as a single source for high reliability and state-of-the-art electronics, Micross’ solutions range from bare die and wafer processing to advanced and custom modules, component modifications and related interconnect offerings. The company’s private equity owners, Insight Equity, (www.insightequity.com) are ambitious to grow their investment, both organically and through further acquisition.
STS operates in Milpitas, CA, reporting to the Micross corporate HQ in Orlando, FL. STS is a dynamic and creative organization with a highly skilled work-force and a strong “can-do” culture.
Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen or a Greed Card holder