Technical Program Manager
Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs. Responsibilities also include aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts. Develops new business and expands product line. Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to program from various departments. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Fully comprehend customer technical, quality, documentation and schedule requirements on a given projects.
- Implement necessary internal process documents, controls and training if necessary for all the functional areas (assembly, test, reliability etc) that might be unique to a specific project.
- Develop project schedule and keep track of product development, piece parts procurement, long lead/risk items, fixtures, tooling, assembly, test, qualification and final reports on daily basis.
- Anticipate potential problems areas during flow of the product that could cause reliability and schedule concern to customer.
- Put check and balances at each process step to avoid mistakes. Generate documented precise instruction for each area of operations specific to the project requirements
- Work with quality, assembly, engineering, reliability personnel to generate necessary documentations and processes to meet customer requirements.
- Experience and knowledge in Military/space and JEDEC documentations, inspections and reliability requirements
- Maintain an ongoing complete traceability of all the documentations, hardware, piece parts provided by customer along with completed, shipped and inventory materials specific to the project.
- High initiative, result oriented and strong technical /managerial aptitude.
- Strong written / oral communication and planning skills are essential with excellent team building skills
- Communicate daily, potential concern and issues on a project with the management to get proper resolution
- Coordinate customer visits, meetings and assist in preparing necessary reports etc
- Generate reports and data packages to be delivered to customer that are consistent with their requirements. The content of the report should be detailed in a manner that, the person not familiar with the task can also comprehend it.
- Lead cross-functional development from design through delivery.
Work with local and remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines.
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks.
- Drive people and processes.
- Demonstrated strengths in customer management.
- Team player who can multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment; prior experience with private equity is a real plus.
- Proven leadership and people development skills.
- High-energy, results-focused self-starter with the capability to implement change.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability and decision-making.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Computer skills (spreadsheets and ERP system).
- Ability to understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs/Stds, ITAR, and export regulations a plus.
- BS/BA from a fully accredited institution or equivalent work experience, MBA highly desirable;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the electronics industry – ideally in electromechanical test services;
- Comprehension of engineering design and test experience very helpful. This includes knowledge of RF, Mixed Signal, ASIC, and Digital ATE and bench testing, in-house up-screening and qualification, and Environmental Test.
- Demonstrate technical competence and skill set to improvise solutions
- Experience within the space and mil/aero industries, strongly preferred;
- Proven strategic and commercial skills.
- (Due to export control/trusted supplier rules) must be a US Person and willing to apply for US Government Clearance levels as required;