Inside Sales Assistant
Track and expedite open jobs and incoming materials. Acts as liaison between the Inside Sales team and Production in addition to responding to customer inquiries regarding order status.
Essential Job Duties:
- Track open jobs for delivery schedules and notify Inside Sales of new projected ship dates for late jobs.
- Follow up with the Inside Sales team regarding jobs waiting for materials.
- Assist Production Control in expediting jobs scheduled to be shipped past desired due date.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing team to track vendor due dates and expedite as needed.
- Assist in tracking returned material authorizations (RMAs).
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding order status and ship date.
- Maintain and file sales order paperwork, scan documents and enter orders in the ERP database.
- Work in a team environment.
- The responsibilities of this position are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) Export Control Laws.
Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
- 3 years customer service/inside sales experience in a production environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP database.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer, keyboard and other office equipment such as phone, fax machine, printer and copier.
- This is primarily a sedentary role however, some standing and bending is required to file documents in filing cabinets.
- Frequently communicates with internal and external customers answering questions and/or providing information by phone, email or in person.