Senior Microelectronics Packaging Engineer
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead process technology transfers from Process Engineering department to Manufacturing department;
- Develop robust production processes using Design of Experiments (DOEs);
- Establish validation and verification criteria for new processes & products;
- Create and revise documentation detailing production processes;
- Take the lead to provide engineering support to facilitate production processes and troubleshoot problems in assembly areas;
- Stay abreast of best practices and technologies and provide input on new processes to enhance or expand capabilities;
- Interface with Design Engineering team regarding process capabilities, materials, and review new products to ensure they meet Design for Manufacturing (DFM) criteria;
- Identify, facilitate, and prioritize opportunities for process improvements;
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow clean room and other environmental precautions and procedures as required.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate cross functional activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Maintain a safe work area and comply with safety policies and procedures and equipment operating rules; keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BSME or equivalent 4 year technical degree or 4-6 years of combined education and experience
- 5 years of related manufacturing experience
- CAD, Solid works software courses, and/or experience
- PADS, CAM350 software knowledge is a plus.
- Fast technical document generation/modification CAD, Excel, (PCB software is a plus).
- Design tool/fixtures with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge in military standards a plus.
- Knowledge in test methods with related equipment (wire bond, die attach, & furnace) a plus.
- SMT Process development in both leaded and lead free assemblies.
- Knowledge in semiconductor manufacturing a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to align priorities in accordance with business goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who enjoys working with different disciplines.
Tools & Equipment:
- Computer and peripherals
- Standard office equipment
- Manuals and automatic semiconductor assembly equipment
- Measuring devices, and required clean room clothing