Equipment Technician II
Perform technical duties associated with the repair, maintenance, and calibration of equipment. Work assignments could include but may not be limited to the following: 1) computer equipment, 2) test and measurement equipment, 3) assembly and process equipment, and 4) Apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems and corrective action. Assume responsibility for final results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to address equipment issues;
- Communicate status of critical equipment to other members of the team;
- Perform diagnostic evaluations, repairs, and necessary calibrations;
- Perform repairs and calibration of subsystems associated with equipment;
- Perform equipment overhauls when warranted;
- Install and upgrade computers, process equipment, and test equipment as manufacturer or engineering recommends;
- Maintain computerized records of maintenance performed on equipment;
- Follow ISO procedures;
- Maintain, control, and track maintenance costs and spare part usage;
- Work with the maintenance team to support the equipment maintenance needs;
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance in a timely manner;
- Work with other technical staff and production control to ensure minimum interruption to production schedules due to equipment malfunction;
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements;
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition;
- Follow clean room and other environmental precautions and procedures as required;
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate cross functional activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies;
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Aptitude for mechanics and computer skills;
- Communicative and self-disciplined and aptitude for problem solving;
- Manual dexterity with hand-eye coordination and depth perception;
- Self-motivated with the ability to align priorities in accordance with business goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Team player who enjoys working with different disciplines.
Tools & Equipment:
- Computer and peripherals;
- Standard office equipment;
- Manuals and automatic semiconductor assembly equipment;
- Measuring devices, and required clean room clothing.
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A.S. degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent technical training and experience (e.g., military or trade school);
- Basic Operator Certification;
- 5-6 years related experience in Semiconductor Manufacturing;
- Preferably, recent experience in Semiconductor Manufacturing to include Back-End process equipment maintenance.