Divisional General Manager
The ideal candidate will be both a team builder and a team player. The successful candidate will have the personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to understand and lead a maturing specialty service business, with the ambition to assert global market leadership in an evolving niche market sector.
The Divisional General Manager for STS Micross will be responsible for all business aspects of the division, with the goal of accelerating Sales and EBITDA growth. Specific responsibilities of the Divisional General Manager include:
· Provide leadership and direct day to day operations of the company to meet budget and other financial objectives.
· Build operational capabilities to meet capacity, efficiency and quality requirements flowing from a growing and evolving demand for differentiated test services.
· Actively participate in STS Sales’ activities, directly supporting the Sales team in proposal preparation and planning, plus developing a personal profile in the marketplace with key accounts to grow a diversified revenue profile.
· Work closely with the Group Director of Sales and the GM’s/MD of the other Micross Business units to promote the global industry presence of Micross Components in the Space and Hi-Rel sectors, plus the sale of multi-divisional services.
· Work with the CEO, CFO and the BOD of Micross on budget development, strategic planning and financial controls; actively participate in monthly investor review meetings.
· Actively partner with the CIO and Corporate Directors of Quality and HR to refine STS’ systems, process controls and operating policies to support overall company programs and objectives.
The successful candidate will be a bright, energetic, entrepreneurial executive with a track record of successfully scaling entrepreneurial technology businesses into positions of sustainable competitive advantage. This individual should have an engineering or technology education and experience working for high technology companies. As a leader, this individual should be superb at setting a vision and building an effective organization.
· Experience at a combination of large and smaller companies; prior experience in a private equity owned technology supplier is a strong plus.
· Results-oriented; can comfortably balance the immediate pressure to “make the EBITDA numbers” while retaining focus on the longer-term objective of enhancing STS’ sustainable competitive advantage
· Hands-on style with a proven track-record of successfully managing and growing a divisional P&L in a technology environment.
· Strong inter-personal skills, coupled with a sound technical understanding of hi-rel electronic component assembly and test. Able to walk the test floor and engage with seasoned engineers and technicians on their immediate challenges.
· A well-developed commercial acumen: always ensuring that Micross is appropriately rewarded for the distinctive value it delivers.
· Bias towards service businesses; proven success in the “subcontract” services sector, growing and retaining business
· Technical understanding of targeted high-end components (custom ASICS, FPGA’s, RF components, etc)
· Familiarity with the microelectronic component qualification and characterization for hi-rel applications. Have a sound understanding of both the global microelectronics industry and its future direction with respect to Space and DOD applications
· Revenue focused, with the presence and communications skills to negotiate and close on prospects from major Prime contractors to independent entrepreneurs
· Numerate and data-driven, with superior analytical capabilities
· High energy, with an unerring focus on the key (80/20) issues
· Attention to detail, with a “Space” level commitment to Quality and process control
· An established personal network; able to identify and recruit talent throughout the Valley
· Unquestionable integrity, with a passion to fulfil customer commitments
· Proven leadership skills:
o Agile, decisive and collaborative
o A culturally-adept builder – with the patience and interpersonal skills to be a responsible yet effective agent of organizational change
o Mature and charismatic with the ability to recruit, organize, hold accountable and fully realize the potential of team members at all levels
· Committed to be a collaborative team player within the broader Micross organization; an active member of the Group Executive Team and a constructive colleague to peer GM’s and Senior Staff Functions
Current resident of the Bay area