Production Line Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Ensure production schedules are met while maintaining the highest standard of quality. Become a hands-on process and equipment expert capable of troubleshooting production issues, eliminating rework, implementing efficiency improvements and able to run the equipment to support production.
- Become familiar with specific customer and industry specifications/requirements and ensure these are maintained at all times.
- Train and direct 2nd shift employees.
- Assist with the resolution of quality issues.
- Set up and operate machines and inspect product, including evaluation of first articles.
- Troubleshoot the production process, including tooling and equipment.
- Ensure proper completion of production paperwork before and after processing jobs.
- Become a process quality authority within each responsible production area.
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade equipment, as needed.
- Establish and maintain training records.
- Evaluate training effectiveness and employee competency to perform assigned tasks.
- Ensure team members are fully cross-trained in all areas of production.
- Ensure the production work area maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Flexible and capable of making timely decisions to meet the company’s needs.
- The responsibilities of this position are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) Export Control Laws.
- High school diploma or GED; Associates degree preferred.
- 3 years of production process experience preferably with semiconductor/electronics.
- Experience with surface mount technology, including hand soldering is a plus.
- Experience with AS9100 and ESD facility preferred.
- Mechanically-inclined, capable of adjusting equipment setup based on visual inspection of the finished product and understanding of the process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP database.
- Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal and written.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to walk, stand or sit, visual acuity, reach with hands/arms, manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, computer and other office equipment such as phone, fax machine, printer and copier.
- Use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) ESD lab coat, nitrile gloves, finger cots and safety glasses.