Exciting opportunity for a hands-on manager to lead a growing team of buyers for a dynamic manufacturing organization. Responsible for the negotiation and placement of purchase orders for goods and services consistent with company cost, quality, and delivery objectives.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery schedules with vendors for all purchased items.
- Place authorized purchase order requisitions with approved vendors.
- Qualifies/Recommend vendors to be included on “Approved Vendor List.” Submit company information (Micross Division Specific (P&S or Distribution)) info to new suppliers and request required info for vendor set up. Work closely with QA to set up and maintain AVL status and information. Include QA codes and information specific to vendor on Expandable vendor id comments.
- Maintain the flow of information from purchase order expedites/follow-up to the requesting department.
- Develop/Maintain a cost savings program in support of department goals.
- Negotiates in the resolution of rejected materials and any financial adjustments.
- Develop and maintains a working knowledge of competitive sources for price, delivery, and quality.
- Responsible for tracking open orders with Micross vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining planning and tracking products through incoming.
- Provide manager with strategic plans, which enhance and maintain vendor rating.
- Implements strategic plan and coordinate with section co-workers for efficiency.
- Track on-time deliveries from suppliers
- Run weekly open-order reports
- Responsible for tracking inventory on-hand versus on order
- Responsible for tracking inventory balance for obsolete material
- Implement cost-savings/reduction plan
- RFQs (request for quote), setting up POs and shipping documents, Customer requirement flow down, SOW (Statement of Work), QA standards, SCDs (Source Controlled Drawing) transferred through secure method.
- Manage subcontracted activities, and control and track jobs for outside services Manage and maintain all outsource POs (P&S and Distribution)
- Credit Card Purchasing – Process and track CC purchases for orders <$200.00 or orders placed outside of Expandable. Some suppliers do not extend terms and the only method for purchase is CC.
- Maintain Non-PO (CC Orders) filing with all necessary documents (quote, req, approval…) for AMEX reconciliation in Concur.
- Accounts Payable Reconciliation – Support Micross AP with invoice reconciliation (invoice discrepancy, no PO receipt in system, price updates, rental/monthly charges)
- Support Sales RFQs on raw materials and outsource for quoting to customers.
- Support Engineering team on new product development.
- Work with Engineering and Sales team on MFG PCNs (product change notification) and EOLs (End of Life) providing documentation and requesting samples of replacement/alternate devices.
- Assist Accounting in Annual audit providing Purchasing information for invoice processing confirmation.Set up and manage equipment shipments for import and/or export for multiple Micross facilities.Process and communicate vendor RMAs and enter return receipt transactions in Expandable to follow up with AP on credit memo application.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Prepare and process RFQs and requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment
Track and maintain Purchasing Department metrics and KPIs
Metrics for AS9100: Cycle Time, Accuracy and PO / Line Item Volume
Metrics for Director: Emergency Spending / Purchases and Cost Savings
Department Metrics: Requestor / Requisition Accuracy
Represent Micross Purchasing Department for AS9100 audits.
Run quarterly reports and confirm accuracy of data in systems to apply OTD (on time delivery) and Quality Scores to vendors for all orders processed in Expandable.
Create/update SSCs quarterly and discuss any low performing (2 consecutive quarters with score below 8.50) vendors with Quality team to determine if SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action) is needed.
Degree from a fully accredited college or university in a related field or at least 8 years applicable experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience in materials related field, preferably electronics as a Buyer or equivalent
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance as defined by the Micross Attendance Policy.
Ability to meet production schedules and deadlines according to quality standards.
Ability to work overtime as needed.
Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations.
Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
Ability and training to perform data entry.
Ability to learn and use inventory tracking and order software
Skill working with word processing software, spreadsheets and databases
Ability to work in a team environment with all levels of staff
Ability to work professionally with outside source vendors
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time