Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is the internal customer advocate for his/her managed accounts and will manage the relationship between Micross Hatfield and key customers, including large defense primes. The ISR owns the order cycle starting from quote and must become knowledgeable of Micross’ products and services. Must communicate effectively with customers to gather the necessary information to respond to quote requests within the same day and to ensure the internal production and engineering teams have actionable information to process the orders. This position interacts with operations on a daily basis to manage order schedules, coordinates with Purchasing to procure raw components, and provide updates to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate with prospective customers to understand and interpret technical requirements and explain types of products provided by Company.
- Work with the third party Sales Rep organization to develop new customers as Growth customers.
- Respond to inquiries providing information related to products, pricing, delivery and availability.
- Generate sales quotes and process orders through the ERP system.
- Follow up with customers before the quote’s expiration date.
- Perform commercial review on purchase orders.
- Respond to customer service requests, such as job status updates, as needed.
- Obtain revised purchase orders from customers when required.
- Coordinate activities with production floor to meet the needs of and commitments to customers.
- Confer with customers to verify satisfaction with product or to resolve any complaints and concerns.
- Manage the customer/sales contact database and reach out to those customers to generate business.
- Track quote activity, including win/loss reporting.
- Track and report bookings.
- Submit periodic sales activity reports.
- Streamline and improve sales support processes and modify process documentation.
- Some travel to meet with customers as required.
- The responsibilities of this position are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) Export Control laws.
Education & Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in inside sales/technical support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience within the aerospace industry or other highly regulated manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP database.
- Ability to understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs/Stds, ITAR, and export regulations a plus.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer, keyboard and other office equipment such as phone, fax machine, printer and copier.
- Frequently communicates verbally with external and internal customers answering questions and/or providing information by phone, email or in person.
- Routinely sits and able to walk the production floor and office areas.