(Human Resources) HR Manager/Business Partner
Exciting opportunity to lead HR function at a dynamic high-tech manufacturing site.
Support the Director of Human Resources by administering and coordinating direct activities as they relate to HR Operations. This role is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day duties within the functional areas of payroll, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training & development, policies and procedures, benefits, and recruiting. This role will be a business partner to the business, developing strong relationships with the managers and employees, by delivering customer focused HR solutions which align with employee interests and company goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Process payroll and time & attendance to include reviewing and importing timesheets, checking for necessary approvals, reviewing payroll documents and reports for accuracy, updating employee deductions, preparing payroll related reports and journal entries.
- Assists with the development/implementation of the performance evaluation and rewards and recognition programs.
- Administers the employee life-cycle process to include new employee orientation, current employee training and development, and exit interviews.
- Administers health and welfare benefits to include enrollment/termination, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Processes required documentation to ensure accurate recork keeping and proper deductions.
- Ensures health and benefit plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Responsible for recruitment effort for personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- Provide HR consulting and counseling to managers and employees for all facets of HR, including, but not limited to: issue and conflict resolution; all employee relations and performance management issues; and policy interpretation and compliance.
- Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Coordinate employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintains workers compensation and OSHA programs and reporting.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Develops and maintains necessary HR reports to support internal departments and customers.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintain knowledge of latest regulatory updates such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, AA, FMLA, HIPAA, PPACA, etc. in order to ensure both corporate and client HR administration is to the highest standards and compliant.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Respond to employment verification inquiries.
- Provide employee relations support to business managers and functions (i.e. operations, facilities, security, etc.)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent education from a four -year college or university.
- Four + years of progressive experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional certification or demonstrated progress toward one or more desired; Professional Human Resources (PHR); Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- Experience using and implementing HRIS systems, benefit enrollment systems, and carrier connections.
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow, HR-Anytime, TotalSource and Health & Welfare Service Engine (HWSE) preferred.
- Masters Degree, PHR/SPHR a plus.
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Team player who can multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment while maintaining quality standards.
- High-energy, results-focused self-starter.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal).
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft suite products, Outlook, graphics, flow charts, etc.
- Manage competing priorities and exercise flexibility with quickly changing data requests.
- Adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Micross Components (www.micross.com) is a leading global provider of distributed and specialty electronic components for military, space, medical, and demanding industrial applications. Operating as a single source for high reliability and state-of-the-art electronics, Micross’ solutions range from bare die and wafer processing to advanced and custom packaging to component modifications and related interconnect offerings. With a 35+ year heritage, Micross possesses the design, manufacturing and logistics expertise needed to support an application from start to finish.