As a key member of the senior management team, provides clear leadership for the production staff, manages resources to meet commitments to customers and financial goals across all the lines of business. Demonstrates ownership and accountability for all production activities.
- Ensure that monthly financial and other performance targets are fully understood and communicated with production team and senior management.
- Understand and plan production capacity within each area of the production floor.
- Develop daily and forward looking production plans and chair the daily production meeting.
- Track the location of work-in-progress on the production floor providing updates on job status and current ship dates.
- Identify barriers to achieving objectives and engage support activities as needed to mitigate risk.
- Analyze backlog and communicate results to anticipate unit volume demand and manage resources as needed to achieve objectives.
- Assign clear roles and tasks to direct reports in addition to devising performance metrics, track and report performance.
- Identify root cause and facilitate development of corrective actions for late deliveries.
- Reduce production costs through leveraging automation and cross-training.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to meet agreed performance and financial goals.
- Support safety, company policies and procedures.
- Determine the appropriate staffing levels to meet delivery commitments and financial goals.
- Ensure that the production area is organized, neat and meet ITAR requirements.
- The responsibilities of this position are subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) Export Control Laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years electronics experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP database.
- Detail-oriented, with a logical and data analysis driven approach to problem-solving/decision making.
- Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal and written.
- Experience with AS9100 and ESD facility preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to walk, stand or sit, visual acuity, reach with hands/arms, manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, computer and other office equipment such as phone, fax machine, printer and copier.
- Use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) ESD lab coat, nitrile gloves, finger cots and safety glasses.