Quality Engineer - Process Improvement
Job Description: Quality Engineer – Process Improvement
Location: Orlando, FL
Reports To: Quality Manager
Operate as the Quality Lead in the introduction of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and SPC concepts across the Micross Orlando die processing, assembly and test operations. Champion the training and associated cultural change of the manufacturing and support organizations. Integrate LSS initiatives into the AS9100 process documentation and audits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate as an Agent of Change to lead Micross in the successful adoption and implementation of an LSS program
- Lead root-cause analyses and the implementation of corrective actions for process-related concerns
- Operate as a player/coach in teaching LSS values, tools and techniques across the process, assembly and test operations
- Teach, train and lead work-cells in adopting continuous process improvement initiatives
- Strengthen quality awareness across the organization
- Collect, analyse, present and disseminate data in support of a facility-wide LSS program;
- Amend and draft procedures, as required, to integrate LSS initiatives into the broader Micross Quality Systems
- Perform process audits, as required, to support the Micross Quality Management System and all QML product lines;
- Develop and conduct training sessions for administrative and factory personnel;
- Provide technical assistance and support to manufacturing personnel and other departments, as needed.
- Participate in a variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with business partners (e.g. Operations, Sales, Process Engineering, Test Engineering, Sales, IT, Facilities and Human Resources).
- Proactively participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Generate positive energy – motivate others to build a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.Job Qualifications:
- BS in electrical engineering or electrical technology.
- Minimum of five (10) years of technical experience in Manufacturing Quality
- Formal LSS qualification: black belt preferred
- Total and practical competence in Six Sigma analytical tools and Lean Manufacturing methods
- Experience working in an electronics manufacturing facility strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a TS16949 environment a significant plus
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry (or other highly regulated industry) a plus
- Demonstrated experience as a Change Agent; successfully implementing process improvement and SPC metrics in a technical manufacturing environment
- Some knowledge of MIL-Specs/Stds plus of operating under AS9100 and/or ISO13485
- Superior communication skills; a proven teacher and coach
- An high-energy, team-player – hungry to learn, share skills and operate as a constructive agent of change
- Innate leadership and people development skills.
- A demonstrated self-starter
- Outstanding planning skills; ability to prioritize, work under pressure and deliver against deadlines
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment
- Combination of both strong EQ and superior IQ
- High-energy, results-focused self-starter with the capability to implement change
- Strong analytical ability and a good decision-making; a demonstrated “nose for the $”
- Solid computer skills (Excel, Project, Minitab, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in a second language desirable
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Micross Components (www.micross.com) is a leading global provider of distributed and specialty electronic components for military, space, medical, and demanding industrial applications. Operating as a single source for high reliability and state-of-the-art electronics, Micross’ solutions range from bare die and wafer processing to advanced and custom packaging to component modifications and related interconnect offerings. With ambitious private equity ownership and strong commercial momentum, Micross seeks to further strengthen its operational process capabilities, with the Process Improvement function playing a key role in this evolution.