Process Engineer I (2nd Shift)
We are seeking a knowledgeable, self-motivated engineer for our growing 3D Heterogeneous Integration (3DHI), WLP, and CGA program needs. This position will focus on supporting advanced packaging processing and process development, for, but not limited to, silicon interposer fabrication, through silicon via (TSV) fabrication, wafer bumping and micro-bumping, package assembly, column grid array (CGA) and integrating a combination of interconnect technologies together. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of wafer processing technologies, including thin film material deposition of metals, spin-on resists and polymers, photolithography, and wet chemical processes. This position will support both technical and scheduling management tasks for new and existing customer needs, which includes hands-on processing, task management, and potentially lot management. 2nd shift position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process flow layout and process traveler creation for various advanced packaging technologies
- Operation of semiconductor processing equipment
- Hands-on processing related to dry and wet etching, photolithography, electroplating, spin-on polymers, wire bonding, thermocompression bonding, solder column attach, and thin film deposition.
- There may be some project management for small and large customer focused projects
- Generate reports to support customer and upper management meetings
- Support and write segments, as needed, for process specifications and process operation steps
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve program and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Semiconductor wafer processing experience in a cleanroom environment is a must
- Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- B.S or M.S. in physical science or engineering
- 3+ years of job experience
- Excellent hands-on laboratory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency is a must
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint is a must
- Experience working with engineers and management at multiple levels in a dynamic work environment is desired.
- Proficient technical writing is a must
- Experience with wafer-level packaging or 3DHI technologies is a plus.
- Overall experience with metrology measurements, data recording, and generation of control charts and statistical process control is also a plus.
Pay commensurate with experience