Test Technician I
Perform basic counterfeit detection testing such as electrical AC/DC test, provide information needed to complete a general test report consisting of test setup conditions and parameters, observations and assembly of non-automated test data to report findings and results.
- Work from method sheets, diagrams, sketches prints, samples, schematics, work orders, manuals, specifications, procedures, instructions, and other documentation.
- Verify submission form, test traveler, test plan, and serial/asset number checklist.
- Verify equipment calibration, control samples, and test program. Verify equipment set up by testing a certified control sample (if applicable).
- Test devices at specified temperatures using automated test equipment per specifications and test engineering procedures.
- Complete test documents/reports in work order and review data for accuracy and completeness.
- Trouble shoot test equipment related problems. Check hardware for moisture, run calibration diagnostics program, reboot test system as necessary. Generate a non-conformance form (NCR) if anomalies found cannot be rectified.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for material and supplies.
- Maintain a safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The responsibilities of this position are subject to ITAR Export Control Laws.
- High school diploma or GED.
- AS in Electronics or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-2 years bench technician experience.
- Able to operate lab equipment i.e.multi-meters, power supplies, signal generators, frequency counters and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory including ohms law and good math skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Able to stand for 8 hours, bend, twist, reach with hands/arms.
- Manual dexterity to use hand tools.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Visual acuity.
- Use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) ESD lab coat, nitrile gloves and safety glasses.