SCOPE: Responsible for the negotiation and placement of purchase orders for goods and services consistent with company cost, quality, and delivery objectives.
1. Place authorized purchase order requisitions with approved vendors.
2. Qualifies/Recommend vendors to be included on “Approved Vendor List.”
3. Maintain the flow of information from purchase order expedites/follow-up to the requesting department.
4. Negotiates in the resolution of rejected materials and any financial adjustments.
5. Develop and maintains a working knowledge of competitive sources for price, delivery, and quality.
6. Responsible for tracking open orders with Micross vendors.
7. Responsible for maintaining planning and tracking products through incoming.
8. Provide manager with strategic plans, which enhance and maintain vendor rating.
9. Track on-time deliveries from suppliers
10. Run weekly open-order reports
11. Responsible for tracking inventory on-hand versus on order
12. Responsible for tracking inventory balance for obsolete material
13. Implement cost-savings/reduction plan
14. Manage subcontracted activities, and control and track jobs for outside services
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
2. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
3. Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.