Semiconductor Equipment Engineering Technician
This position will support a variety of semiconductor processes in a dynamic and rapidly changing research and development environment that includes small-scale commercial production. Tasks will include support of our Class 100 and class 1000 back end of line (BEOL) semiconductor processing cleanrooms. The process technologies to be supported include photolithography, etching (wet and dry), thin-film deposition and electroplating. Process equipment supported, includes: SPTS etchers, Oxford, GCA I-line AutoStep 200, Lam 4520, Applied Materials P5000, Angstrom, Nexx Nimbus and Stratus, and Semitool platers/SRDs/solvent spray tools. Responsibilities include preventive maintenance, tool upgrades, tool repairs and equipment installation.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background in maintenance and repair of semiconductor processing equipment, and be willing and eager to learn and to support both new and existing process technologies. Experience with vacuum technology, electronics (including RF), and electro-mechanical repair is desirable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on equipment maintenance in a BEOL facility
- Participate and execute periodic maintenance events for equipment and facilities
- Organize work areas and inventory spares
- Employ standard troubleshooting protocols
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US citizenship or permanent resident alien status is required.
- 2 or 4 year technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of job experience a plus.
- Experience with semiconductor process technologies.
- Willingness and ability to complete hands-on, mechanical work.
- Knowledge of wafer processing equipment, with experience working in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCad a plus.
- Excellent hands-on mechanical and lab skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be able to collect and summarize information in EXCEL tables
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Capable of generating technical reports
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Great work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package.