FPGA/Memory/RF ATE Test Engineer - Entry Level
Micross STS is an independent test services company providing reliability and performance characterization services across a range of electronic components for use in extreme Space and Mil Aero applications. The Entry level FPGA/Memory/RF ATE Test engineer will work with engineering teams from top-tier Prime contractors and Government laboratories to devise software routines and hardware solutions to verify that such components meet or exceed their design criteria. Micross assignments invariably involve a small number of sophisticated and unique components – primarily VLSI ASICS, FPGA’s and various high speed RF Components. This requires that the ATE Test Engineer has the capability and capacity learning a broad range of software and hardware skills, plus the curiosity and mental ingenuity to think around problems. The successful candidate will:
- Develop and debug complex software programs to convert design validation vectors and drive complex test equipment.
- Create and validate characterization and production ATE test solutions.
- Test, validate, modify and redesign circuits to guarantee component margin to specification.
- Analyze and evaluate component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and bin split capability. Proficiency with a variety of automatic semiconductor test equipment, relevant software languages and the various subsystems contained within is highly desired.
- In particular, an understanding of the integration of ATE subsystems into FPGA and VLSI SOC designs.
Familiarity with automatic semiconductor test equipment and the various subsystems contained within is highly desirable. In particular, an understanding of the integration of ATE subsystems into FPGA designs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop and test FPGA/Memory/RF IC solutions for the test and measurement industry
- Characterize/test digital, mix signal, RF ICs and components per customers or suppliers’ specification to military or space level standards
- Develop high speed communication interfaces between FPGA, microcontrollers, and PC.
- Experience interfacing high speed A/D, D/A and communication interfaces (I2C, Ethernet, SPI, UARTs)
- Responsible for ATE testing semiconductor RF products using instruments such as Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meter, Oscilloscope etc.
- Ability in developing test programs on ATE with multi-site for silicon verification and characterization is preferred
- Work with Engineering and B.D. to determine the technical requirements necessary to support a customer bench test automation project.
- Electro mechanical understanding of components and thermal management techniques.
Job Qualifications: ·
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years of experience in high tech Engineering field.
- MSEE degree is a plus! ·
- Knowledgeable ATE test software such as LabVIEW, Python, and NI hardware Semiconductor or technical experience in the Military and Aerospace industry is desirable. ·
- Experiences with 93K test equipment is a plus.
- Hands-on RF bench test equipment setup, instrumentation testing knowledge and experience a must.
Other Duties & Responsibilities: ·
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. ·
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals ·
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times; · Perform other related duties as assigned.
Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen or a Greed Card holder.