Perform duties to track and expedite open jobs and incoming materials; serve as the department’s liaison with production and product marketing staff; respond to customer inquiries regarding order status, working within the limits of standard or accepted practices.
- Track open jobs for delivery schedules and notify sales of new projected ship dates for late jobs.
- Attend program development software meetings and document all related information in customer files.
- Confer with sales staff regarding information on jobs awaiting materials.
- Assist Production Control in expediting jobs scheduled to be shipped past desired due date.
- Track parts being obsolete by manufacturers and advise procurement personnel;
Track manufacturer due dates and expedite purchases as required; Document related information in customer files.
- Assist to track returned material authorizations.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding order status and ship date
- Perform a range of clerical assignments for sales team including faxing, filing, and copying materials.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Act as back-up for administrative clerk at receptionist area. Answer and direct incoming telephone calls, greet and announce visitors, and perform a range of routine clerical assignments.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals
Standard office equipment.
High school diploma required; some college preferred;
Minimum 3 years sales experience;
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel;
Some domestic travel required.
Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!